Sunday 14 August 2011

Veranda Bar Brixton

I went to Veranda Bar Brixton last Friday 05.08.11, for my girl Danielle's Birthday, WHAT A EXPERIENCE!!
First of all they mixed up my girls booking double booking her. Drawing the short straw we got the table by the door, which felt like we were at the back of the kitchen.  No table cloth, no table setting, we were compensated with free cocktails, which was a small token however not enough.

It was a extraordinary busy night in the bar/restaurant which serve a Caribbean cuisine with a twist on traditional recipes. I thoroughly enjoyed my prawns, however I was disappointed by my stuffed jerk chicken. The seasoning tasted like the shops with added scotch bonnet which was over bearing. I would like to visit at lunch time or on a quieter night in the week to eat as the demand for food  wouldn't be so high on this particular Friday night.

Finally the music later on in the evening was on point, it had a good vibe playing an old to current selection of R'n'B, hip hop, and Dancehall (Reggae) .
The Prawns.
Overall I think the new owners have brought back something that was missing from Brixton  for a long time. If you ever went to the old 'Z'bar in Brixton you will know what I'm talking about when I say this club has found the essences of what made that work bar/restaurant work. I  think they can be a little more successfull with a little tweaking, However I would have to re-visit to give another verdict!

No comments:

Post a Comment